Director of Account Management & Customer Success
The Director of Account Management & Customer Success’ primary objective is to develop and execute a strategy that helps Numerated’s banking customers create successful lending programs. This individual will achieve success by analyzing usage trends, making data-driven recommendations, and then sharing insights and best practices across clients. As a “player/coach”, he or she will build this function and team from scratch to become strategic advisors to banks.
Critical KPIs for this role include: 1) product adoption and usage as measured by share of bank’s assets that are booked on Numerated’s platform, and 2) customer satisfaction. The Account Management/Customer Success organization will work with banking customers to deliver an exceptional experience, realize the value of Numerated’s platform, and expedite the time-to-value by connecting their success to their business goals.
Additional responsibilities and accountabilities for this role include:
- Analyze metrics throughout the entire loan process, from initial marketing campaigns through loan funding and repeat business.
- Identify key drivers of loan volume, credit quality, decline rates, loan usage, and loan loss.
- Make recommendations to remove unnecessary friction, risk, and optimize volume, based on results across the client base.
- Study other account management programs and analyze customer data to identify best practices.
- Create policies and procedures that optimize the customer experience.
- Scale and lead an account management team that delivers outstanding customer satisfaction and maximizes usage of Numerated’s platform.
- Proactively take a hands-on role with customers to navigate tough situations to achieve a positive result for all parties.
- Build and promote advocates from the customer base.
- Contribute thought leadership and best practices, both internally and externally, around business transformation.
- Provide key input on customer and market trends to Product, Marketing, and Sales that help shape future capabilities to increase the speed to maximum usage of the Numerated platform.
Candidate Experience /
The ideal Director of Account Management & Customer Success candidate will likely possess 10+ years of prior experience in roles related to account management, customer enablement, customer success, or relationship management. Prior success in an enterprise SaaS business and an understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models will also be desirable. Importantly, this person should be a proven team builder with the ability to create a strategy, build and mentor a team, and achieve outstanding results in a rapidly changing environment.
Additional specific experiences and attributes considered desirable include:
- A capacity to influence and ability to gain sponsorship on key customer initiatives.
- Outstanding customer-facing skills and the ability to interact effectively in the C-suite.
- Experience with personnel hiring, mentoring, and training across a multitude of different customer-facing personalities.
- Analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive improvement in customer adoption and value.
- Technical skills with the ability to drive technical training programs and sell technical solutions.
- Track record of leading a team that is highly motivated and engaged in addition to the ability to challenge and maximize the strength of the team and align their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Experience driving an account management strategy that is deeply integrated with sales and professional services as well as aligned with overall organizational goals.
- Ability to advocate innovation.
- Experience acting as executive sponsor for key customers.
- High comfort level with ambiguity.
- Strong operational mindset, attention to details, metrics-driven and decisive hands-on mentality.
- Excellent written and verbal communications along with the ability to define, explain, and evangelize new ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills along with a proven ability to drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience in complex, highly dynamic environments where the need to learn quickly and contribute immediately is required.
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with staff, colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
- A personal style that is described as authentic, honest, humble and ethical combined with a working style that is described as smart, passionate, energetic and results-focused.
- No ego. No job too small. Willingness to get hands dirty.
- Proven track record that brings instant validation and market presence to Numerated.