We’re excited to be joining BAI in our hometown of Boston this year. For years, BAI Beacon has been the broad annual conference for the Bank Administration Institute—but, in 2019, returning attendees will notice something new.
Rather than trying to boil the ocean during a weekend’s-long industry forum, BAI has decided to break BAI Beacon into a number of smaller, more focused and specialized events. The events include:
- The BAI Innovation Summit, Oct. 8-10
- The BAI Emerging Leaders Network, Oct. 8
- The BAI Research Forum, Oct. 9-10
- The BAI Executive Roundtables, Oct. 8-10
Collectively, the four events will live under the umbrella of the rebranded “BAI Industry Forum.”
We’re excited to be joining the forum’s content and will participate in a fireside chat between Dollar Bank’s SVP of Commercial Banking Dave Weber and our Founder and CEO Dan O’Malley. Karl Dahlgren, Managing Director at BAI, will moderate the session.
The discussion will center on the two innovators’ roles in reimagining relationship banking for the digital age, with Dave providing the bank’s perspective and Dan the perspective of a leading fintech.
While the fireside chat will draw on the experiences of Dollar Bank’s and Numerated’s recent partnership, Karl will help focus the conversation by breaking the session into three parts:
- The Current State of the Banking Industry: Today’s landscape is fiercely competitive, with an unprecedented level of competition—across multiple different segments of banks—causing disruption throughout the space. This new competition, from alternative lenders, Big Tech, and challenger banks, to name a few, is hurting banks’ ability to grow as competition peels away customers and market share by beating traditional financial institutions at speed, convenience, and overall experience. The Dollar Bank and Numerated fireside chat will take a deeper look at this landscape, and provide a couple of different perspectives that will help attendees better understand the industry.
- Identifying Banks’ Growth Challenges & Opportunities: One of the biggest—if not the biggest—challenge for banks today lies in figuring out how to grow relationships, when industry trends and statistics indicate that the traditional model is broken. This is at the crux of the topic at hand, which is reimagining relationship banking for the digital age. At this point of the discussion, Dan and Dave will be asked about how customer expectations have changed, how the definition of “good service” in the banking industry is a moving target, and why relationship banking in the digital age must include (not replace) a bank’s most important asset: their people.
- Adapting Relationship Banking Models for the Digital Age: Having identified the growth problem in the context of the current state of the banking industry, Dave and Dan will discuss how relationship banking can be adapted to meet modern consumer expectations. This part of the discussion will touch on what kind of data and technology bankers need to attract, develop, and grow their relationships.
“Reinventing Relationship Banking for the Digital Age: A Fireside Chat With Numerated’s CEO Dan O’Malley and Dollar Bank’s SVP Dave Weber,” is a breakfast session that will take place on Oct. 9 from 8:15-9 A.M.
For more information on BAI, and to register for the event, visit the event website, here.